Section 48 Inspection Report
The inspection involves looking at key areas of the school: outcomes for pupils, effectiveness of governors and leaders, provision for pupils and the prayer life of the school. In all areas, we received a ‘good’ grading.
Some key findings from the report
- ‘It is a fully inclusive school where pupils from all faiths and none are made welcome, and all show respect and genuine interest and care towards each other…In essence the school acts like a global village welcoming all.’
- ‘This is a school that knows itself well because it has now put in place reliable procedures for self-evaluation, which enable strengths and weaknesses to be highlighted and action taken to improve practice and outcomes’
- ‘Pupils make good, steady progress from the EYFS, so that by the end of Key Stage 1, they are meeting expectations. At the end of Key Stage 2 most pupils are meeting their targets with some exceeding expectations.’
- ‘Pupils have a growing understanding of what it means to be in a Catholic school and how it differs from other schools, particularly the prayerful atmosphere and uplifting visual surroundings, but also the impact this has on their view of life and their relationships with others.’
- ‘The behaviour of pupils and their care for others is good and contributes much to the spirituality and ethos of the school. Their behaviour for learning is very positive, they enjoy their RE studies, and they make good progress over time.
‘The governing body fully supports the acting Head of School in reinstating the very best provision for pupil outcomes’