Eligibility for Free School Meals
If you receive any of the following benefits you should apply to Bristol City Council for Free School Meals. The school receives extra funding for all children who receive Free School Meals, so it is important that all eligible children are registered with Bristol City Council.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
You can apply online via the Bristol City Council website (see link below) or download and complete the application form and return to Bristol City Council at the address shown on the form.