Remote Learning will take place in the event of a period of self-isolation, class or bubble suspension or partial school closure relating to COVID-19. It is government expectation that children’s learning will continue from home, primarily through the provision of online learning materials from school. However we are very aware that for many families that this is a challenge for lots of different reasons. We are doing our utmost to source additional technology for this. Hard copy packs are always prepared weekly and the day for exchanging these is a Monday.
During a period of Remote Learning (RL) parents/carers should:
- Contact the school if their child is sick (so we know that they will not be able to access online learning or complete hard copy packs at home).
- Seek help if it is needed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use your child’s ClassDojo account.
- Be realistic about RL expectations.
- Support and encourage children to meet deadlines.
- Where possible, maintain a regular and familiar routine.
- Supervise children during their use of the Internet.
- Maintain a balance between screen time, practical activities and social interaction.
Please refer to our new Parent Guide below for any help with ClassDojo
In line with government guidance, pupils, staff and families should self-isolate if they display any of the following symptoms:
- A continuous, dry cough
- A high temperature above 37.8℃
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
- Have had access to a test and this has returned a positive result for Covid-19
- Any child self-isolating due to returning from a holiday abroad
- Any child absent due to being contacted by NHS Track and Trace or isolating due to a family member with symptoms.