Parent Governor Vacancy
Would you like to take an active role in the school?
The parent governor has equal status with all the governors on the board and is not only a representative of the parents, but a contributor to the good management of the school.
What do school governors do as members of the Academy Governing Body?
- Promote the school’s ethos and mission.
- Attend Governor meetings.
- Be a member of sub-committees that oversee various aspects of school life e.g. Admissions, Standards & Curriculum.
- Oversee the budget.
- Help recruit staff.
- Monitor the performance of the school, e.g. in Key stage tests
- Provide a vital means for parents and the community to get their views heard by the governing body as a whole.
Are you interested?
If you are interested in becoming a parent governor but feel a little daunted by the responsibility you may be taking on, remember that full training will be available, and you will always act as part of a team. No particular experience or qualifications are required.
If you become a governor you will be taking on the following commitments to help make sure the school is well managed:
- Share the responsibilities of the governing body as summarised above.
- Attend and participate in governors’ meetings on a regular basis – the governors generally meet six times a year and committee meetings are 3 or 6 times a year.
- Undergo appropriate training.
You will be required to sign the Governing Body’s code of practice, and to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure.
What do you need to do next?
Read the section at the end of this letter which explains the process for appointing parent governors. A nomination form is enclosed.
The closing date for nominations is Monday 19th October 2020
If you would like to know more about the role of Parent Governor or the appointment process you are welcome to contact the Head teacher, Karen Roskilly (clerk to the Governing Body) or a serving governor at school. There is information available on the school website also.
Miss Hilary Dunford
**Application forms will be sent home with your child