We are very fortunate to have some committed friends, parents and grandparents that regularly volunteer to support our pupils in a range of ways. We warmly welcome this type of help. For more information about becoming a volunteer helper please contact the school office.
Liaison with parents
Our school places a high priority on close links with parents. We recognise that the first, and most important, educators of children are parents and our commitment to fostering strong links ensures that children are well supported in school. Some of the ways we do this are:
- Pre-school visits to ease a child’s entry into school
- Open evenings are held in Autumn and Spring Terms to discuss your child’s progress
- Annual written reports to parents celebrate each child’s achievements and identify targets for improvement, they also provide assessment results to ensure you are fully aware of your child’s progress over time
- Open days enable us to share our work with you and can help you to support your child at home
- An annual Prize-giving Evening to celebrate excellence
- Regular newsletters communicate general information about school life
- A calendar of school events is circulated termly
- Our parents’ noticeboard is updated regularly
From Year 2 onwards children may stand for election onto the school council. Elected councillors meet regularly and are consulted on some matters relating to the management of the school. In the past they have been responsible for designing and setting up a school allotment using their own allocated budget.