Special Educational Needs
Our aims are:
- to provide for the individual needs and aspirations of all the children within the school and to ensure early identification of those whom we feel have Special Educational Needs.
- to encourage all pupils, irrespective of ability, to develop an awareness of, and respect for, individual differences.
- to nurture each child’s development by meeting each academic, physical, spiritual, behavioural and emotional need and aspiration.
- to provide a whole school approach where the staff team is committed to developing a climate of warmth and respect which encourages self-esteem, confidence and empathy towards others.
- to ensure we promote, review and evaluate the process of inclusion for all pupils both in the academic and social life of the school.
- to promote social inclusion by reducing truancy and seeking specialist advice and support for disruptive pupils.
- to ensure all children are included by ensuring the national curriculum is accessible to all.
Support for parents and carers
Our Special Educational Needs Coordinator Mrs Barker, is always happy to talk with parents and carers to discuss any questions and concerns. Please ask at the Office to arrange an appointment or email: email@example.com
Bristol Parent Carers are available to work with families of pupils with Special Education Needs. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
KIDS Independent Supporters are available to help families fill out Section A of the education, health and care plan (EHCP) form. See below to visit their website.
Supportive Parents provide the Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIAS) for Parents/Carers of Children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND) and Children & Young People with SEND. Contact them on 0117 989 7725 or email email@example.com
Paper copies of the current SEND Policy and SEND Information Report are available from the school office.